Department of Human Biology
Our research topics
- Role of melanization in pathogenesis and progression of melanoma (Anna Brożyna, PhD).
- Involvement of the endocrine system of vitamin D3 in the biology of skin melanocytic tumors (Anna Brożyna, PhD).
- Molecular foundations of tumorigenesis, diagnostic and prognostic markers of human cancer (Anna Brożyna, PhD; Łukasz Kuźbicki, PhD), in particular:
- molecular markers of cancerogenesis, especially markers useful for detection of cutaneous melanoma as well as prognostic and predictive markers for this cancer,
- epigenetic modifications in development and progression of human melanoma.
- Health status and measures of conditions shaping the standard of living in prehistoric and early-historical population from Poland (Alicja Drozd-Lipińska, PhD).
- Biological status of an individual and human population reconstructed on the basis of bone remains against the grave equipment and burial gifts as cultural determinants of socio-economic status in the Middle Ages (Alicja Drozd-Lipińska, PhD).
- Determinants of the condition and biological dynamics of human population from the Kujawy and Pomerania Vistula from prehistory to modern times (Alicja Drozd-Lipińska, PhD).
- Mortality of the inhabitants of the Kuyavian region in the 19th century against the socio-economic changes and modification of chosen climate elements (Alicja Drozd-Lipińska, PhD).
- Biological dynamics of the Kuyavian populations in the light of data from parishes registers (Alicja Drozd-Lipińska, PhD).
- Examination of active DNA demethylation processes (analysis of the expression level of genes and proteins associated with active DNA demethylation: TET1, TET2, TET3, TDG, AID/APOBEC, IDH1, IDH2, HIF1-α, HIF2-α, as well as analysis of product levels of this process: 5-methylcytosine and its derivatives) in breast cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, leukemias (Kinga Linowiecka, PhD).