mgr. Debosmita Chakraborty
room number: C167B
- Identify the natural susceptibility of crops to colonisation by microorganisms under different climates and soil conditions.
- Investigate plant-microbial interactions and understand how different abiotic factors affect plant-microbial interactions.
- Analysis of microbial community of endophytic and rhizosphere regions of
- Transcriptome analysis to study the expression profile of genes involved in plant responses to biotic and abiotic stress.
PhD studies at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, (2022-present)
MSc in Biotechnology, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, India. (June 2019). Thesis Title: Effect of digestate and waterlogging on N2O emission and bacterial function applied to paddy soil. Supervisor: Dr. Bente Føreid.
Co-supervisor: Dr. Tapan. K. Adhya.
BSc in Zoology (Hons), Asutosh College, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India. (June 2017).
- 2019 February – July: Masters Dissertation Trainee: Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy (NIBIO)- Ås, Norway.
- 2018 May – June: Summer Intern: School of Tropical Medicine – Kolkata, India.
- 2019: Received fellowship from NIBIO (Norwegian Institute for Bioeconomy), Ås, Norway, as an exchange student in the Indo-Norway – ‘RiceDig’ project for a period of 6 months to complete Masters Dissertation. Project title: Effect of digestate and waterlogging on N2O emission and bacterial function applied to paddy soil.
Prizes and Awards:
- Received “Gyan Jyoti Samman 2012” certificate awarded for excellent performance in Class X Board Exam from Sikar Nagarik Parishad (Kolkata), India.